8/11/2014

CHAT | What I Eat For Breakfast


With a blog called brunchcrush, you can rightly assume that I love my breakfast. Maybe I'm getting older, but a good breakfast or brunch beats any other meal of the day. If I'm at home, I really try to breakfast well and follow the guiding principles of James Duigan's Clean and Lean programme where possible.

Recently, I've tried to include some form of good fat such as avocado or nuts, lean meat, fish or eggs and plenty of steamed greens (typically spinach, kale or broccoli) for breakfast and after a workout. I do try to limit refined carbs and wheat and lactose don't always agree with me, so this is a perfect balanced (for me) way to start to the day. These meals taste delicious, look really appetising and are really filling. I have also tried to include hot water with lemon and nettle tea alongside my mandatory coffee each morning.

Brunching out is also a favourite treat of mine and I tend to treat myself to a more substantial and decedent meal when I do. For now, here are a couple of my favourite at-home breakfast meals.

Gluten-free toast, egg and egg whites and avocado


LA Slim Whey Protein Shakes with chia, maca, berries and almond milk



Scrambled egg whites, smoked salmon and spinach


Smoked salmon, egg whites with sumac and spinach in coconut oil


Folded egg whites with a small portion of feta, asparagus and spinach


Grilled turkey and asparagus cooked in coconut oil



A good old almond or soya Flat White


I hope this gives you some inspiration for some great breakfast cereal alternatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

- See more at: http://www.exeideas.com/2013/08/increase-image-thumbnail-size-from-72px.html#sthash.dQsASIu1.dpuf